The Academy will:
- provide safe, supportive learning experiences for young singers that they will remember all their lives
- provide vocal training equal to that of private instruction for grades 2 through 8
- teach good vocal health
- train singers to read music
- provide performance opportunities that will enhance education and personal growth
- learn appropriate singing skills
- develop an appreciation for “good” music
- gain in self-confidence
- increase their level of dependability and sense of responsibility
- make friends from other schools
- share memorable times together both musically and socially
- be able to take pride in their membership in this unique choir program
- have fun!
- runs from September through May
- rehearses at First-Plymouth Congregational Church in Lincoln
- provides vocal coaching and encouragement for all singers as well as a performance choir for the more advanced singers
The Mission and Vision:
The Nebraska Academy of Vocal Arts will provide quality music education and performance opportunities while building life-skills, confidence and cooperation, enriching the lives of children of different cultures, ethnicities and economic backgrounds through artistic excellence.
- Personal and Social Growth
Promote leadership, teamwork, self-worth, pride and appreciation of music. Foster community between singers, parents/guardians and audience members
- Diversity, Accessibility and Safety
Enrich young people of different cultures, economic status, race and religions. Provide a safe and secure environment for all
- Creativity and Excellence
Create a place for young people and conductors to pursue leadership and strive for excellence in the community, state, nation and internationally
After reviewing the proposed curriculum and musical objectives of NAOVA, it is clear that every child will be provided for and enriched musically from their involvement in this unique program setting.
- Dr. Therees Tkach Hibbard, UNL School of Music (read more)
Children who sing in choruses have academic success and valuable life skills.
- Grunwald Associates, Bethesda, MD (read more)